UnitingCare West is committed to providing a nurturing environment where all children feel safe, valued and heard.
All children who are involved in any of UnitingCare West’s activities, services, events or programs have a right to feel and be safe. We will do everything in our power to safeguard children from all forms of abuse.
In order to create and maintain a child safe culture, UnitingCare West has adopted the Uniting Church in Australia’s National Child Safe Policy Framework. We are committed to these Child Safe Elements:
- Promote strong leadership and governance and a culture of child safety
- Enable children and families to participate in decision-making
- Provide an open environment
- Respect diversity and promote equity
- Have clear codes of conduct
- Adopt clear evidence-based policies and procedures
- Recruit well
- Provide child safe focused orientation and training
- Undertake strong planning and supervision
- Provide support to those who raise concerns
- Comprehensive investigation and reporting
- Keep good records
- Review and continuously improve our child safe policies and procedures
For more information on each of the Child Safe Elements, please refer to the National Child Safe Policy Framework.