UnitingCare West is a community services agency of the Uniting Church that touches the lives of thousands of families and individuals each year.
We believe communities thrive when everyone has a sense of belonging, hope and purpose.
Justice, hope and opportunity for all.
To work with people and communities so everyone can belong and thrive.
At UnitingCare West we will act with:
- Empathy Showing understanding for the feelings and circumstances of others
- Respect Valuing people, property and the environment
- Inclusiveness Embracing and celebrating diversity
- Integrity Working ethically, nurturing trust and upholding our principles in everything we do
- Commitment Working together towards agreed outcomes with steadfastness and resilience
Our actions will show:
- Boldness We will bravely stand up for what is right and tackle hard to resolve problems.
- Curiosity We actively pursue new information and evidence based approaches to influence how we work and interact with one another
- Hospitality We approach all interactions with the people we serve with a strong customer focus and a ‘how can we help?’ attitude
- Creativity We will look for new and innovative ways to enhance how we work and the service we provide
Our Value Proposition
At UnitingCare West:
- We walk with people experiencing vulnerability and disadvantage
- We listen intently, care deeply, and respond to individual and community need
- We amplify the voices of people who would not otherwise be heard
- We provide innovative service responses tailored to individual needs, service gaps, and the priorities of communities and government
- We work in partnership with other organisations and communities to leverage resources and maximise our collective impact
- We help people move from isolation to connection and contribution
UnitingCare West is part of the UnitingCare national network of more than 400 Uniting Church agencies providing community services to over 1.8 million Australians each year.
Read more about our history here.