What is Housing Services?
Housing Services provides supportive tenancy and property management. The service assists low income households and those with a mental illness or disability to establish and maintain sustainable tenancies.
Housing Services works with tenants to create community inclusion, to build responsibility and support the development of life skills that will promote sustainable tenancies. The inclusive and planned support maximises housing outcomes for tenants.
Who is Housing Services for?
Housing Services supports individuals who have a physical, intellectual or psychiatric disability.
How can I get involved?
Contact us on the details provided if you think Housing Services might be able to help you. You do not need a referral.
Property maintenance and repairs
UnitingCare West Housing Service has four categories of repairs;
- Non-Urgent - This is a routine repair that isn’t directly affecting your health or safety but needs to be fixed to keep your property in good condition. Examples are a cupboard handle that has deteriorated with age and needs replacing or a loose interior door handle. We aim to complete routine repairs within 14 days.
- Medium - These are repairs that aren’t considered urgent and do not affect your health and safety. An example of a priority maintenance issue would be a leaking tap. We aim to respond to priority repairs within 3 days.
- High - These are situations that do not affect your health or safety right now but are a major inconvenience and will affect your health and safety or damage the property if not completed soon. Examples are a broken hot water service or badly leaking tap. We aim to complete urgent repairs same day.
- Urgent - This is an emergency repair situation that is affecting your health or safety right now or is causing serious damage to the property. Examples of emergency situations include an electrical fault that carries a risk of electrical shock or a burst water pipe. We aim to complete emergency repairs within 1-3 hours. Depending on the emergency, contractors may attend immediately or as soon as possible after the report is received.
- Please see contact details on the right if you need to report a maintenance issue.
Find out more...
Download the PDFs by clicking on the images below.
How do I get in touch?
Call 9220 1288
Office Hours 9220 1288
Emergency Maintenance Calls out of hours 9470 4109
Further information, policies and procedures below