Private Tenancy Support
What is Private Tenancy Support?
Private Tenancy Support works with people at risk of homelessness due to private rental issues. We provide practical assistance to people in the Perth metropolitan area who are experiencing a temporary housing crisis.
We work with everyone involved to ensure both tenants and property managers receive positive outcomes.
We help tenants in privately rented accommodation to meet their tenancy agreement requirements and responsibilities through:
- Support to develop a better relationship between tenants and property manager or landlord
- Budgeting/financial management
- Advocacy in relation to stabilising long term private rental housing
- Regular home visits to help tenants stabilise their accommodation
- Assistance for families and individuals settling into a new private rental tenancy if they have not been in a rental home for a period of time
- Access to counselling for household members if needed
- Support to find alternative accommodation if required
A support worker will help the tenant to work out an action plan and assist them to ensure that they are stable, strong and have confidence in managing their tenancy without further support in the long run.
Who is Private Tenancy Support for?
Our aims is to assist and support individuals or families at the earliest opportunity before debts or tenancy issues become unmanageable, and place the tenancy at risk.
We help those that are just about to move into or are already living in private accommodation in the Perth Inner City area and that have concerns about maintaining a tenancy agreement.
How can I get involved?
Tenants are encouraged to contact us directly, you do not need a referral.
We also accept written referrals from property managers and landlords, provided they are made with the express permission of the tenant and they meet the service criteria.
How do I get in touch?
Call (08) 9220 1288
Visit our Inner City Service Hub at 5/5 Aberdeen Street, East Perth, WA 6004, Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.00pm