What is Your Say?
Your Say is a free and confidential advocacy service that promotes and protects the rights of people with disabilities or mental illness.
Advocacy means standing with someone, or speaking on their behalf, to make sure their rights and interests are being heard.
We can support you to:
- Express your views and stand up for your rights
- Resolve any issues or concerns
- Access supports and services that meet your individual needs
- Be actively involved in the community
- Develop confidence and skills to advocate for yourself
- Find out more about NDIS
- Make your own choices
We can provide information and advocacy on a number of areas including:
- Community participation and inclusion
- Human rights
- Neglect or abuse
- Accessing services and many other issues
Who is Your Say for?
Your Say can help anyone with a disability in the Perth Metropolitan area.
We have a broad definition of disability which includes (but is not limited to): intellectual, physical, behavioural, psychiatric, emotional, medical, neurological, mental health and long term diseases.
This service is funded through the National Disability Advocacy Program.
This service is provided in partnership with Sussex Street Community Law Centre.